Wednesday 12 September 2007

The Good...the BAD and the Ugly

Okay people.....here goes I had a bad day! Now of course the desire to fill my blog with all things good and cheerful is very strong, but nothing is perfect and a move like this has to come with some bumps in the road right? Of course i do feel like a toddler having a tantrum over something trivial, so at least I know that I am not being totally rational here, that is good isn't it? The point of all this is that I wish we had 2 cars! I hate feeling stuck at home and not being able to hop in a car and go off wherever I fancy whenever I want to. No checking bus timetables, walking 15 + minutes to the Luas, just climbing in, turning the key and hey ho away I go! I actually miss collecting the girls from school, waiting for them in the hot car (am I mad???) chatting about the day on the way home....or moaning at them because I had to wait in the car park so long, ah it is all coming back to me now....and as silly and embarrassing as this is to admit I feel a bit plebby walking all over the place. Now I have done some serious thinking about all this and I know that it is 15 years of mind set in South Africa that has to be broken down. Generally we all have our own cars (well in my circle of friends) do not use public transport EVER...YUK, and do not walk where we need to go very often. Of course the difference here is that the public transport here is fantastic, you can walk and although mugging does happen, I definitely feel no fear when walking around. So I have to get over this little hiccough up in my life and get on with it! We do not NEED 2 cars as a matter of urgency, it would be nice but it is in no way necessary....so there! And one more itsy bitsy embarrassing admission...I am scared of getting on the wrong bus, I am never sure which side of the road I need to be and generally have to check with a fellow passenger or Mr/Ms bus driver! I did hop on a bus last week and went into town so the 16A is sorted but what about all the OTHER routes...
I will learn to use the bus, I will learn to use the bus, I will learn to use the bus....

No comments: