Thursday 31 January 2008

Just thinking...

Sometimes I second guess our timing at coming to Ireland. One of our major considerations when moving was the school system and what year the girls would need to enter.
If we had waited until September this year Jess could have gone straight into transition year and Kirstin into First year. This makes a lot of sense to me, but unfortunately we were not really too clear on the whole system and Jess is basically repeating a year. Luckily she is not bored, all the work is new to her and she has the challenge of learning Spanish added to her many other obstacles. Well hindsight is 20/20 as they say and we could have waited another year.
But then I think of all the good things that happened when we moved here in July 2007, we found our house, have fantastic landlords/neighbours, Malcolm got a job and we bought a car all within a week, is that not a sign that it was meant to be?
I had a look at a South African website this morning, it now ‘costs’ R11 to get E1, when we left South Africa it was R9.20 or somewhere around there. The power outages are horrific, there is an electricity crisis in South Africa and it does not sound pleasant. I wonder if that will affect the price of houses? All in all I think Malcolm and I can sleep at night knowing that all our forward planning worked this time.

No comments: