Monday 3 March 2008

How could I have forgotten?

I had such excitement on Thursday night, I can't believe I forgot to blog about it! I skipped to Weight Watchers, had a brilliant week, stuck to my points faithfully, drank my water, walked every day and....................lost four pounds!!!! Walking on air, it was so much easier with those banished pounds! Of course the weekend was horrific, Malcolm's birthday, Mother's Day and "Houston we have a problem" (No lift off anymore...). So today I made what Weight Watchers refer to as 'free' soup. Leeks, celery, carrots, courgettes, cabbage and chicken stock. I will be enjoying it for lunch for the rest of the week to pay for my weekend sins!
I also had an interview with a recruitment agency, they were very positive, of course this was before the actual testing of my proficiency levels on word and excel, but I did warn them. It also happened to be one of THE crappiest days in Dublin, rain and gale force wind literally shoved me all the way to the luas, so I hope it was worth all the effort, I felt like a real idiot in a SKIRT but it was the smartest thing I could pull out of my very casual cupboard.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Blimey, a skirt?! What was the consensus then? Any work to be had?? x

Malcolm said...

Seems so, but the phone has not rung yet! I reckon i should open a gift shop with a coffee shop attached, would LOVE to do that!!! Then I can be my OWN boss...but where to begin.

Anonymous said...

'Walking on air, it was so much easier with those banished pounds!' - hehe brilliant. I hope the 'free' soup is tasty too otherwise you're in for a very long week.

Unknown said...

Right that's it, then. We'll open a blogger's cafe: with your twisty chocolate buns, Isit's yummy muffins and my cookies: we'll be fighting them off!! x

Malcolm said...

Conortje - The soup is actually very tasty thank goodness!!!

EM - They will be descending upon us in droves