Friday 18 April 2008

Best laid plans...

Okay, so the weather is L - O - U - S - Y and I mean lousy. The wind is whipping my hair all over the place, at one point it actually felt rather dramatic, I swear I could just about here lights, camera action, unfortunately I could not be 100% sure because of the howling wind at my ears.
Perfect weather for a cozy evening by the fire, a great book, hot chocolate, all manner of things bad for you and smiling to yourself as you here the wind rip through the top of the chimney. Bliss, but alas not for me. That's right folks I will be enjoying that icy whippy wind tugging at my shirt, getting up my nose, teasing up my skirt and freezing off my ears while I run around with a stick chasing a ball, yep 7 a side hockey tournament tonight. I happily signed up, Spring was in the air, the sun is with us for so much longer, or at least the LIGHT and I was in great anticipation for our little run around this evening. Now it does not look nearly as appealing so I have eaten some ginger biscuits, consumed some pasta and masticated on a chocolate I found lurking in my bag from my last visit to Butler's. Now I have a bloody good reason to go out in this crappy weather, a couple of hundred calories are waiting to be annihilated before they turn into lovely layers of marbling on my thighs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, it was a silly thing to do, all things considered. Sports, indeed! What you need is a nice brisk walk to the shops of an evening (burn calories), where you can pick up a bottle of wine (improve blood quality, or something) and some chocolate (increase endorphins, promote emotional well-being), and carry them back home (strengthen arm muscles), again walking briskly (burn calories).

It's all very simple, really, this keeping active thing. ;)

Malcolm said...

I like your plan, but scoring my first goal on Wednesday gave me a little thrill, increased the endorphins yadda yadda so I think I may just have to do BOTH!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm a pick 'n mix fiend. Liquorice is excellent for dumbing down a sweet-tooth!

Don't eat it last thing at night though, it brings wicked nightmares.