Tuesday 6 May 2008

The beginning of a smashing weekend...

Fabulous. The weather, the company, the surprise, the weekend all of it. Fabulous. Friday started out a bit miserable but by dinner time we knew we had to braai so I ran out to get meat at Supervalu. Ooh, ooh, ooh... when we got out of the shop there were 3 Garda cars and people milling about, sadly we had missed all the action while merrily shopping. The next day we heard that there had been a fight between 2 gangs in the car park! Not sure if that is the real story, will find out from our neighbors once they get the scoop!!!
So....the braai was great, Malcolm did an awesome job and we ate chicken kebabs, ribs AND steak, blew the budget but a BRAAI with GOOD weather people!!!! Have to grab oppurtunities like that whenever we can! Saturday the forecaster had promised rain, intermittent showers, so the chance of good spells (He he listen to the weather girl in me) and we had another awesome day, it started out looking rather threatening but by the time I got in my car and drove to Naas it was gorgeous! Naas, what can I say about Naas? What a pretty little town!!!! I absolutely loved it. Unfortunately I did not get to explore, I was fixing a WHOOPS I made at work and had business to attend to!!! Divine intervention is what it was. I ended up sitting around the kitchen table at L and G's for at least an hour and a half having the most excellent chat. We all decided that a dinner or a braai is definitely on the cards, all because I forgot to send off a delivery on a specific date!!! When I got home the kids had vacuumed, dusted AND mopped the entire downstairs AND had gone off to the little local hardware store and bought me little pots of mini pansies for outside the front door!!!! Not only that, Jessica had also made us a full on breakfast that morning, what on earth did the kids want? Nothing, absolutely nothing - I am one lucky parent, Malcolm is the other one! There is so much more news, but if I give it to you all in one go it will be too much reading so ........ LATER dudes!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how goood weather can make everyone feel happier and make everything feel nicer. Long may it continue ;-)

Malcolm said...

Here, here! I appreciate a sunny day and make the most of it now, in SA it was jsut another day when the sun shone!