Monday 2 February 2009

Waiting your turn

I was standing in line at Aldi on Sunday afternoon and there was a young girl in front of me with a bag of potatoes. The lady in front of her had a trolley full and she told the little lass to go ahead of her. I was really pleased to see that because if I have a load of stuff and the person behind me has one or two items I always let them go ahead of me too.
Enter grumpy old couple.....an elderly lady asked the man behind me (he had 5 things) if she could go ahead of HIM as she only had TWO items and was in a big hurry...he politely declined as he was also trying to make a speedy exit. We had paid and were walking to the car when the woman's husband marched up to the five item man and gave him a severe (and very loud) tongue lashing for not letting his wife go ahead...I was absolutely gob smacked! Obviously the older couple were not in so much of a hurry after all, as they had plenty time to go looking for the unsuspecting man. I was absolutely shocked at their audacity, I would have understood them being a bit upset if he had a trolley full, but he WAS ahead of them and only had three more items than them.

2 comments:

Rozi from Jozi said...

It takes all types, doesn't it?

Malcolm said...

I was rather surprised, did not know I would find that particular type in Ireland, they are not usually so um, rude/angry/confrontational...