Saturday 30 May 2009

Run Natalie Run...

Or walk! I am taking part in the Flora women's mini marathon on Monday. It is the largest women's race of its kind in the world. Wow. I tried to do a bit of training, walked home from work a couple of times and attempted (poorly) a run around Marley Park. I THINK I managed 1.5 km's....and walked the rest. Two hockey tournaments in May have to have helped right?

This morning I spent a very pleasant morning with Katie, we went to the R.D.S and collected our race numbers and then wondered around sampling all the things on offer. They had a Wi Fit section and I had my weight and BMI checked...my BMI was in the ideal range - woohoo!!! I did a whole lot of little tests and eventually my fit age was revealed...32! Happy little camper moi!!!

Perhaps a 32 year old version of me will manage a jog? Worst case scenario...a scenic walk around Dublin at 15h00 on Monday, and at least we raised money for our charity through work! I will actually try to jog a lot of the course, wish me luck!

4 comments:

Lizle said...

How far is this mini-marathon; 5-k, 10-k, 21-k? Whatever it is, with those long legs you'll be doing 2/3rds of the work (i.e. your 2 strides to everyone else's 3 ... ;-D). Enjoy the 'sonskyn'.

Malcolm said...

10 km! Mmmm I am not sure it works like that for a novice like me! Apparently there are so many women that you can hardly jog anyway - suits me!!! Super day for it at any rate - although it might even be tooo warm!!!

Lizle said...

It's going to be over so soon you're going to wish it was further. Have fun!

Malcolm said...

Lizle, you were right and it was awesome!! I think I am going to do another...